Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 27 June 2014

through hell :)

I do not speak Spanish, so although Argentina will win the World Cup, my blog remains English. Me no speak Portuguese so same applies if Brazil win. German is being practiced!

I speak harshly. Being 'the weirdo in a wheelchair' does have its ups and downs. Greeted by total strangers, especially those who are parents often with very patronising, condescending manners, results in joy. I love being a random adult who just smiles at the baby, whilst the parents  are obviously not amused by their very mischievous child, and are going through hell. :)

Life's an ocean


Nineteen years old, this music! I was going to include 'Rather Be' by the same band. The fact is I can read so much into every set of lyrics, written by Mr Ashcroft, but I choose this song again, because it carries my blog well.
I am forever seeing both highs and lows in life. Endlessly, like crests and troughs of waves in an ocean. We must learn how to ride waves, using them as advantageously as we can.

'Do you need any help?'
Hehehe, hmmm. I was returning home the other day, in no rush as I was actually running early for my next meeting. I briefly turned into the driveway at the front of the flat. Then all of a sudden, I hear this offering from an old woman on the pavement, behind. I was slightly surprised, then I was alarmed, and then, endeared to this offering of help by a total stranger. I was confused and hurt. Why me? Does a wheelchair automatically ask for assistance? NO, please, people, you do not know how long I had worked to gain my independence. Hehehe, I type this 'live' in a cafe, again!!!

Hmmm, unfortunately cannibalism exists. But then …  it's just a game!

hmmm, who is your 'player of the tournament'?



I will be told off by my friends in local cafes, for promoting a large chain, but the positive attitude expressed by 'Pret A Manger’ must be copied...

1 comment: