Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 25 May 2013

Bank Holiday!

A quick post. It's a three day weekend, so I can if I want to.

A note of my issue with buses. Hmmm, okay TFL say all the right things, regarding wheelchair accessibility on buses.
However, life in the real world is very different. I was waiting  at a bus stop, having just missed a bus (no problem, i had time). Eventually a bus came, joy, however as I hailed the bus, to my astonishment  the driver, shook his head and waved me away. He knew that there would be no room, as he already had taken 3 buggies! Three! There is only supposed to be room for two anyway, and 'buggies may have to be folded at busy times' (or so the sign says). The driver knew that the bus was not playing by the rules, but could not force anyone to do anything, so didn't attempt to.
TFL, why oh why, claim the higher ground, if you can't enforce your own rules?

I waited for another, was in a bit of a rush, but it was ok in the end. I have to start planning to expect this delay. Hmpf...

Yesterday's post exclaims my confusion that the cycle race was cancelled due to bad weather.
Today, the race (still in Northern Italy) continued. I was amazed by the conditions in which Vincenzo Nibali had to win the stage. 
I captured these photos on my phone, as I viewed in a cafe, thanks to Eurosport.




Below is a link to the website of the organisation who were running the art exhibition talked about in the previous post.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're well Patrick! I hate when drivers don't stick to the rules for the wheelchair space. Parents should always be prepared to fold their pushchairs. My Mum raised all three of us and was always willing to fold the buggy if it was needed.
    You should have noted down his running number to make a complaint about there being three on there.

    ReplyDelete