Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 8 February 2013

Can fill the Clock End...

Five figures!
I am delighted as this past week saw the total page-view counter turn over ten thousand. 
Yay.
Fortunately, I have deselected myself, as i am the author, i do not count myself (that would be cheating and everyone knows what i think ...).


I was able to capture the 9999th, and then missed the big one, but captured the next...

10,000. Hmmm, right, the only way of my little brain understanding this large number was simple.
Highbury 
Clock  End - 6000
East Stand - 9000
blog pageviews - 10,000
West Stand - 11,000
North Bank - 12, 500

OK, enough trumpet blowing. I have few notes to talk about this week, so I revert to a few 'old notes'.

Shuffled music. Hmmm, as people will know, I can talk for years about this issue. So, I won't. I just have to face the sad facts of life. People (me included), rarely listen to an album by an artist. It seems that people will own an album but rarely listen to it from start to finish. Times change, and i am getting old. Maybe I am wrong, I hope that i am, but doubt it.

I confirm to myself that I am most definitely a cycling enthusiast, still, when I get excited seeing a new or previously unseen bicycle helmet. Don't laugh, I love them (perhaps I should do so even more now, but hey). Trek and Specialized  rule the main market of virtually the whole bicycle industry, and, to be fair they do what they do very well. I see that their products have been styled very well, which is why i get confused finding still so many cyclists without a helmet. These products have developed so intensely, over the past decade, it is a shame to see the good designs go to waste and not be being used.

The other week, I stopped, looked back at this narrow pavement gap, that I chose to negotiate. I obviously got through, as I was reviewing it. I told myself off, as there was a much wider route , just easily to its left. I noted that I realised I had been stupid, but had CHOSEN the tighter route. I excused myself, telling myself that 'sometimes everyone prefers the tougher path'. Do I?
It is a far too deep psychological issue to discuss here. hmmmm.

I have noted that 'I am trying and failing to balance my life'. I was quite depressed when noting this. I did not know whether I could prolong this lack of a full-time profession/friends/girlfriend, balanced with maintaining physiotherapy (therapy/return/recovery) etc. The more i dwell on this issue, I realise how well I am doing  in the situation, but obviously I am forced to realise that this is my life during 'it's peak'. I always try and ensure that i finish by realising how lucky i am to be here having these issues. Hmmmmmmmm.

... Back to today. I have been meeting two girls from the Graphic Design course at Kingston  University, who have are currently assigned on a project by 'Fixperts'. Perhaps obviously, as the name suggests, the company is a design company regularly focussing on User-Centred-Design. Experts at fixing problems.


Below is a graphic that I submitted to them, to be used within the project.




    


As per usual, I am providing a link to a group that I discovered (through a friend). I liked it so much, I bought (downloaded), the whole album straight away! Ultraista (below), and Radiohead share key aide Nigel Godrich.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment