Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 7 December 2012

Shame. Maybe.


Hehehe. Hmmm. I am now ready to type away. Dark black coffee is made, I have plenty of time ahead, and, I've just whacked up the volume of some decent tunes. I include a Youtube link for you to experience what i am currently feeling.


Pete Dafeet was a friend whilst we were both at university in Loughborough. I am glad to see that he has continued his successful exploits in house music. 

Completely unrelated to life as a student is my first note. I state it on this blog, as it forces me to keep my word. Not turning completely sober, but, I am now always keeping alcohol intake minimal. I am not going on about 'the bad effects of alcohol' (they are true, and everyone knows what happens). I was on the bus home from Kingston, last friday night, and 'jeeeez', the smell. It was one of my first experiences of being out in the town centre, late  at night. Whilst I was comfortable with everything, I was given the horrible experience of extreme alcohol consumption, amongst others. Although I like a tasty pint, it scares me, brain injured, that this is a way of falling downwards on the slope of recovery, that will become less and less steep, in time.
Confused? Sorry.

I post another music clip. This week, I researched (online) what CD I wanted. Yes, it was an older album (2010), so CD it was. I searched in the one accessible CD store in kingston, no luck. Truthfully, I had been checking for a few weeks. 'Right' I thought 'download the mp3'. But no, I found the other option of buying the cd off (aka)Rainforest.com . So David Gray's 'Foundling' was bought, guiltily here. I felt guilty because Rainforest.com are taking over the world. I bet that a ridiculously high percentage of presents are bought this way. Gone is the joy of shopping, searching for that rare gift that would suit only your friend. The activity of 'shopping' now involves a computer screen.

Oh man, I sound old, I am old. David Gray 
   


I cry out to all fellow Arsenal fans out there:
"We are going through a tough period at the moment, for us. We cannot tread on ourselves, and beat ourselves up so much, that forces us to point a finger at Arsene Wenger. Ok, errors may have been made but no-one is foolproof. As fans, we owe it to Arsene to let him choose when he wants out. His incredible early success pays for it."

 I have previously mentioned this extremely interesting (for me) autobiographical book by Tyler Hamilton. It doesn't accuse Lance Armstrong of using performance enhancing drugs, it informs you that he did. It mentions that apparently Dr Ferrari (well known to be linked to various cycling/drug cases), did worry that banned substances such as steroids may have given Lance's cancer in the first place. 
Er Wow! Mind-blowing indeed.


I think I may be repeating myself. Anyway, even if not for the first time of hearing someone order a 'regular, skinny, de-caf, latte'. I don't understand, this self-contradicting concoction. 'Regular', reffering to size (normal/regular), fair enough. 'Skinny', refferrinng to the water-like, skimmed milk used. 'De-caf' immediately makes it an 'irregular coffee'. 'Latte' is asking for a milky coffee, negating the 'skinny' term. Oh I don't know. I just assume that there are people out there with deeeeeep psychological issues. Shame. Maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment