Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 5 October 2012

Part A

This week's blog entry is split in two parts, A & B. Part A is a 'normal' piece...

A

Although, I have planned this post, on paper, my first note of Part A, was made totally on to my phone's 'notebook'.

Everything happens for a reason, but only by looking historically can we see how fate has worked, leading ourselves or anyone in particular on a certain path. No-one can accurately predict or plan the future. The world would be a completely different place, if here at all, if we could accurately tell the future.

My next note implies the use of a swear word. I refrain from actually using it, don't worry.

' Oi Oi Oi! Get your ****ing hands off my chair! ****!'

It may sound weird, but I HATE to be pushed around. OK it is fair enough/desired if I am in a manual wheelchair, i need it. But when someone attempts to push my powered-wheelchair, I find it so so so demeaning and degrading. I am often tempted to drive it anyway (so they look and feel almighty and powerful). Then I hit 'REVERSE'. Hohoho, not lauging now are ya? Now they understand.

A CD which  was only released on Monday just gone, was  'The 2nd Law' by Muse. I may be wrong (or be missing a CD), but it is the seventh album of theirs. Whilst they could be named pioneers of 'space rock', and yet again they produce some stomping, powerful tunes, I feel that any of the tunes would not feel out of place on any of their previous albums. Therefore it is full of power.

Muse - Panic Station

As you may have gathered from this blog, I try and be positive in everything that I do (realising that all actions can be viewed both positively and  negatively). As I also believe that things equal out, I do not attempt to hide from the fact that, I can be seen as living in hope or expectation. Is this mostly good, or mostly negative? Who knows.
Anticipation...

As proven regularly by this blog, I find that often my mind races ahead of me. Perhaps this sounds arrogant, but I hope not. I find that I often am forced to rely on mental strengths, compensating for physical deficiencies. Fear not, I do not attempt to claim superior mental strength to anybody, but personally, I find that my mental strength so much more superior than my physical strength, this is how i would attempt to solve a problem.

A good article in a recent magazine (issue 1 of 'Cyclist'), identified by both a London Dynamo friend (recent team-mate) and myself, was entitled 'Why ride a bike?'. When creating my own answer, I quickly created a list of reasons, falling into two groups (1. Reasons that can be given to everyone, and 2. My personal reasons):
1.
Health and Fitness
Speed
Competition
Mechanical beauty
Aesthetic beauty
2.
Physiological requirements
Design
Sport
Ecological-plus
Independance

  

No comments:

Post a Comment