Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 26 October 2012

Heaven, heaven is a place...

First note of the week states
'The wonders of a cappuccino'
A cappuccino is made of three layers. At the base you have coffee that has been made heavier by mixing in milk. In the middle you have dark coffee. Then atop, there is the froth covered by a sprinkle of chocolate if desired. The most popular and quickest way of drinking is to simply stir this all together and, drink. There are advantages of life in a wheelchair. As I have been forced to take care, and take time, I consume correctly. Each layer separately, tasting and enjoying the different stages. First, I spoon off, eating the milk froth, then drinking the latte, ending with the dark coffee. OK, this has probably taken more time, but definitely improves the experience.
A home-made coffee did not involve the same embarrassing results of a previous coffee at my local cafe (below). There was a problem in drinking a cappuccino, like a normal drink (learnt last year)! : )

OK, it seems that ideally we all consider music to tell us a story, or be atmospheric. I have been listening to a lot of Bob Dylan, and all of his stories. Most music that we probably hear is 'atmospheric', although listening to Dylan's 'Desire' album is joyfully so so so different to anything else you hear. I do listen to music differently now that i am an old man, and have found another brilliant story being told by Jack White...


Heaven does exist. It is different for everyone. I admit that I have been. It is not a place, but it is how you feel. For everyone, it is that realisation of perfection. Whatever this is, perfection is 100%. 

OK, 'Patrick, enough of the pretentious rubbish', you say.
I was horrified, with myself, earlier this week, when i found that i wasn't smiling! The weather was grey and overcast, but I know of how highly i rate the importance of smiling, and forced a smile. I was then angry with myself for forcing a smile. All was ok as i fell back on 'my get-out clause', and the simple acceptance that everyone has different destiny and routes of fate. We cannot search, ourselves, I now know that 'what'll be, will be'. We must accept that we cannot design everything.

  
The next photo was taken earlier this year, and I have only just adapted it. Such a beautiful modernist building, deserves recognition.

...
Surbiton Station - John Robb Scott 1937

More photos of local area

x?

 Kingston All Saints Church

Northwards facing Kingston, along Thames, from Surbiton


No comments:

Post a Comment