Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 7 September 2012

The sun!

Hellooooo
Sunshine!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! :)

Note. I type this early (before dinner), and am without caffeine. I try.

My mobile phone notes, made throughout the past week.
'Mugs have a purpose.'
I realise that i am constantly reminding people of this argument. As a coffee lover/addict/enthusiast/whatever, and a temporarily disabled wheelchair-user, I am always found drinking coffee from a china mug. Mugs are designed to be re-used infinitely (forever recycled). Paper cups are instantaneous rubbish once used. Ok, to argue for paper cups, a recycled material can be used (rarely found). Washing liquid can be environmentally harmful, and a mug is cleansed before re-use. However, when one considers the levels of energy and raw materials spent in a 'take-away cup'. The design (every cafe differs), the print, the 'free' extra plastic lid/straw, manufacture, the raw material, all combine to be used once, becoming instant rubbish (which takes energy to become refuse or recycled material). Plus, I am aware that caffeine is addictive, users will repeat and repeat. Please don't consume and consume.

Right, coffee done. Music. One of my all-time favourite artists, Cat Power (4th favourite album), released her latest album, Sun, on monday.
Good, it is very. The album is full of quality tunes from a more mature Chan Marshall(Cat Power), often discussing basic issues that life throws us. It is thankfully not full of deep, heart-wrenching songs of previous years.

Cat Power- Ruin

Now, my main reason for this note (apart from artist promotion) is, to tell of a reason for my CD purchasing, instead of MP3. As the album was bought on the day of release, and is of a favourite artist, I have kept the receipt on the inside sleeve. 'Pointless' I hear you cry, but many of my favourite albums (cds) contain receipts from their day of release/purchase. A nice piece of memorabilia to keep. Many of my receipts are dated 2000/2001 (when I turned 16/17), so from 'back in the day'.

A continuation on the music subject. Occasionally I force myself to believe that i am waiting for a miracle. I believe that they DO happen. Obviously they vary from person to person. What may be a 'miracle' for someone, may not be for someone else. After my experiences, I am well aware that anything can happen, so why not a miracle?


I know that I have repeatedly explained my belief in fate. Deeply intrigued, i want to find out more, so have started reading around the subject. I am currently reading the writings of Christian Larson, 'Mastery of Fate and Your Forces and How to Use Them'.  It is deeeeep, but good. I show a highlighted section, that is quite basic, perhaps obvious, but so so sooooo important to understand.



It continues to explain the theory that we do indeed create our own fate. Therefore acknowledging its existence but everyone's is different, because we choose to experience different things in life.

A beautiful day, today. Do not worry i do not supply a U2 video. I journeyed down the river today to Kingston, as i regularly do, but as my photos depict, my route was further than usual.

 Northwards bound, towards Kingston

 An olympic venue, Kingston bridge.


I go further than usual, Canbury Gardens, beautiful. 



My Iphone looks up at the sun





  

1 comment:

  1. Liking the fate quote.. yes shock horror I finally managed to get online and read your blog! PS. Don't use this email, I never check it!

    ReplyDelete