Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 1 September 2012

100% Colombian

mmmmmmm......

Hiya. Sorry, I am thoroughly enjoying my birthday present. I was bought a coffee grinder, further increasing the wonderful, sensuous experience of making your own drink of coffee. Thank you, Mum & Dad.

Right, my notes. My first note was made much earlier in the week. At a cafe, I sat on a table behind one belonging to a mother and her children. I heard the young girl seemingly whine, but actually she was just stating
"Mum?
You're so annoying."
It was then I realise that Mum (who is sitting right opposite her), is engrossed in her mobile phone, too busy for her daughter. As I made this note on my mobile phone, it struck me further the evolution of human beings has taken a slight detour in recent years, mobile phones. I know that I can say for myself  as well as maybe the vast majority, when i admit that i do not use my phone for talking on, primarily. The use of the internet and email on our mobile phones has improved lives in so many ways, but I was clearly shown how it's use can be negative, in this cafe. Are we becoming less 'socially interactive, whilst we talk to friends on Facebook, yet missing the important things? Hmmm
decisions, decisions...

  

Next note, 'Hmmm, I feel sorry for those random people who have to say 'hi''.
Fairly self explanatory, this note. I do end up puzzled, if not obvious, why people greet me at total random. I guess that they may be scared, or fear being in a wheelchair themselves. Personally, although I have disabilities, I have had them for over five years and so, feel comfortable psychologically. Although importantly, I have desires to improve in many ways, psychologically, myself, I know that I can, it just takes time.
OK, i have just reread this and confused myself, so the chances are that you don't understand! Nevermind, the coffee's good.

Vegetables. Hmmm. Mum, I DO buy them! As I tend to do my 'weekly shop' in the local supermarket, I realise that often most vegetables are sold in 'packs', often in cheaper deals, but in polymer trays, covered in a polymer wrap. Only by hand picking your vegetables, do you pick how many you need (without being obsolescent). You can also use easily recyclable paper bags (unlike the LDPE trays). Very little energy has been used in creating a paper bag, compared to the design and production involved in the creation of a polymer tray, sticky label, print etc.

My next note, is a bit sloshy, i apologise. Midway through reading Ian McEwan's 'Saturday', i noted that 'To experience true love between two people is sooooooo special. I am infinitely grateful that fate has allowed me to experience this.'
I accept that what'll be, what'll be.

I made a note to explain that although not religious, I believe. I am not religious, and never have been, but I believe in what I call 'fate'. This is forever evolving, changing for me, but it is so so important to be comfortable with your own beliefs (or lack of). I think that it may be as a result of being struck on the head (as cynics may see this), but I realise now just how random/crazy everything must have seemed before, with a lack of belief.

Now, last note, don't worry, it may seem silly following the previous paragraph.
CF?
...

I know that I have '-shopped' the above photo, but only colour-wise. I was viewing the above photo on my phone, as in support of Mr Froome at Vuelta success, he acts as wallpaper on my phone. Anyway, I noticed, that here he has used an ovalised large chainring (it's not photoshop, honest). I know that Bradley (Mr Wiggins) uses the same. Both successfully reached the podium in the Olympics, using such innovations. I know very little about them currently, but would love to know more. If anyone has an opinion, or knows more, please feel free to share. I want to know more!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment