Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 3 August 2012

Olympic fever!...

Whilst I have 'olympic fever' along with the rest of the nation, I need to type a normal blog post as i am compiling too many notes for my phone! EEK....

Firstly, I must state, admit that i am quite superstitious (or maybe more...). Things happen in threes. Or should i say, 'things can be grouped into threes'. Whatever. My coffee is now made. I get.

I've got. Three. Or it seems to me that often for me :  3 = 2 + 0.5  + 0.5
This could be viewed as 4 but i like to consider it as 2 plus two more manageable things, when tackling problems. If problems can be broken down, which all can be, then it becomes easier reaching the final goal. It may take more time, but the problem can be solved.

I think that I’ve got maths correct.



I am now used to facing facts, no matter how harsh. I am seen as ‘a flirt’. By various people (especially café staff). It maybe that I feel more relaxed and opportunistic in familiar surroundings. As long as I know that I am the only one who can get hurt, it is good to be positive to others who deserve it. I think. Maybe.

OK, you all know that I was a cyclist, and may consider myself to still have the psychology. Wednesday was the Olympic Time Trial (pics below), so I spent Tuesday afternoon, when free, surveying the course around my hometown.

I should have been more aware that this was also a time when the course was to be tested, but no. I went across Kingston bridge, intending to cross sides at the end, and return on the other side. Once I reached the Hampton Wick end, I pressed the traffic lights. Red lights, the cars stopped waiting for me to see the green man. I did, and travelled across.
“SWOOOOSH!!!!!”
I was almost split in half.  An Olympian, testing the route on his time trial bike, paid no attention to the traffic lights, and missed me by millimeters. If I hadn’t cut my toenails………
I was left stunned If it had been anyone else, I would have yelled obscenities, but at an Olympian, no.

My next note, explains dissatisfaction with the Olympic cycling. I woke up on Thursday, extremely overjoyed by Bradley Wiggins’ medal success. As everything has opposites, I could definitely feel a negative of this mass ‘cycling popularity’.
This wasn;t right. The note I made:
‘… but cycling is MY sport. It is supposed to be unknown, with unknown heroes battling away in my foreign dreamland
NOT on my doorstep, followed by every English pleb! Hmmm’

Of course, the nations success at cycling, can only really be seen as a positive, I have just been allowed to love it selfishly, and wish to spread the wonder, although am now unable.
Essentially, I am delighted that now cycling has won.



 Kazakh, Alexander Vinokourov



 Bronze medallist Chris Froome




Australian Team Sky rider, Michael Rogers



My last note on my phone, was made today.
‘Even a forced smile can make oneself happy, content that you are spreading happiness.’

As long as it is not obviously fake, it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment