Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 25 July 2012

... again

'Hiya' is a friendly term. I must remember this, instead of feeling insulted by so many totally random strangers who see me and immediately want to display their open friendliness towards 'the weirdo  in the wheelchair'. Part of me wants to play up to the role that they're expecting. Should i bark a fierce growl back?! No, but maybe it would be tempting. I've thrown cafe baristas before by just speaking french. Canine Patrick? Hmmm.

I went 'shopping' earlier in the week, for music. I was left in total despair, as the one accessible shop i know, failed me. I faced, and readily accepted the fact that I'd be best to download the music of ITunes.
I left town, on the way home, feeling totally cheated out of the 'retail therapy' that i had hoped for. Yes, it was cheaper buying it online, but i had no bag of presents, and cd's to store. A rip-off.

I was told by someone who has a wealth of knowledge that i often source from, that dreams  can be viewed negatively, 'dreams are only desired ideas that you cannot make happen in reality. If it can happen and is attainable, then it shouldn't be 'a dream', more 'a goal'. Hmmm. OK, those words were not used, but a different explanation of the same concept.

I want to share with you my picture of Tuesday's Olympic Torch journey through Surbiton. It was very special. I could only compare it to previous experiences of standing on the roadside, with the rest of the town, waiting for the arrival of a bike race, in France.


Surbiton station as i've never seen it. The roundabout, the highstreet, every curbside was packed. Viewing the actual torch was gone in a flash (no jokes intended), like a bike race. But the whole wait, expectancy, and combined happiness throughout the crowd was special, proof to me that us Brits can do it just like the French. Hmmm.

Last note is of a song that i hold close. Important lyrics (to me). A blues/rock. Play it, find out.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment