Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 8 February 2012

Envious Spiderman

I had a strange experience yesterday, not for the first time someone was amazed to witness quite what on earth, i was up to, traveling around whilst sitting down. The wonders of a powered wheelchair, mean that you can seem quite relaxed/undisturbed, whilst sitting down, and yet i still travel down the high street, laden with shopping. This time i was given a very strange quizzical look by Spiderman. It was child dressed up, but he deserved a just as quizzical look. "Why has he got that?" his mum was asked by himself. I did not wait around to hear  the answer, but he made me realise that, as i do not mobilise myself using arm power (impossible), i probably appear as living in luxury. Hey, it is good, but you have to pay a lot...

Perhaps unsurprisingly, i include a YouTube video. As you could guess, it is one by my all-time heroes, Radiohead. I have not provided a 'new' tune. But it is a new version.


There is a link. As ever cycling must be discussed. The latest 'drugs' problem is that of Alberto Contador. Hmmm, I do not call him a cheat because that would imply that everyone else plays by the rules. As with the above video, it is not a new issue, just a more current version, and all in all, there are no surprises. He seemed to race on a different level to his opposition (maybe he is a cheat then). To win the Tour de France (amongst many other races ) is a huge achievement, but to win it the number of times as Contador did, provides questions. A big finger also telling me of the opinion to have, is that he was the 'next in line' after Lance Armstrong, and......
I stop before i cause trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment