Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 17 December 2011

A winter wonderland....

'... Walkin' along, singing a song,'

Whenever I here this tune being played, it makes me very emotional. The reason, not that it is related to christmas, but hearing this tune, means only one thing to me.....


THERE'S ONLY ONE DENNIS BERGKAMP, WALKING ALONG, SINGING A SONG, WALKING  IN A BERGKAMP WONDERLAND!!!

For me, he was the greatest. Comparisons should not be made. Records are there to be broken. He holds no outstanding goalscoring records (I don't think). He was an artist with a vision such that most of the opposition couldn't attempt to even guess his next step. To just view art for 90mins was an experience, elevating him from all competition, for me. Artistic football genius. Thank you Dennis.

... Right,
Enough of boring you all tears, exclaiming one of my heroes. When feeling down, I often get a bit angry, annoyed with my situation. It's been over five years since my accident. Five long years and 'only five years', at the same time. I know that I have progressed a mighty long way from my accident, however there will always be things that I have/or continue to miss out on, for whatever reason. I have no choice but to accept this, so i do. I do try and twist things to my advantage, just as anyone does, but maybe i have more experience of this, over five years post accident.
...Anyway, the note that i made to myself earlier in the week finishes with a song lyric:
I shouldn't be here, stuck in this wheelchair. NO, YOU'RE RIGHT, YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE AT ALL.
Happiness, more or less, it's just a change in me, something in my liberty, oh my, my, my, mine......    

No comments:

Post a Comment