Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 5 November 2011

A season of change...

As I listen to the fireworks outside, the 5th of November is symbolised/celebrated, and my blog's new colour scheme marks the changing season. I have been (successfully, i think) living independently for a well over a year now, but this blog celebrates its birthday on December 20th (i think).
 The first note on my list that i wish to make, refers to a 'Later...with Jools Holland' watched weeks ago (quality program). On it was a stunning voice from a young female vocalist Lana Del Rey. Initially I backed away, as i didn't want to be seen as captivated by a sweet, innocent-looking, young girl. However, her voice is so so special, i have no problems telling all that i will be buying her album when released in January.

 
As an Arsenal fan, I have remained fairly quite so far this season but things are improving, i think. Anyway, I type as Manchester City who were behind have not only drawn level, but are now leading against QPR. It seems that we definitely are in a season of change.

Game over. Hmmm, point proven.

The next note i find simply states "Accept fate". I made this to remind myself not to get stressed, anxious, worried about things. Thankfully, I have learnt to accept that what will be, will be. It is however important not to have a 'laissez faire' attitude. How much influence do we have on our own fate? Hmmm, er, right, i'm getting way too deep. It is an interesting route to consider.......

I miss playing the guitar. Although I have spent over 5 years 'missing' the ability to play, I was affected by this a lot more than usual, as I sat in a pub with my PA watching a live performing 'jam session'. The fact of feeling the music, then watching people join in, annoyed me. I was never much of a performer, but being in a jam session with the inability of joining in, hurt and disappointed me. I didn't used to play the ego-centric lead guitar, but the solid backing of the rhythm guitar. Unfortunately, as those who have ever lived with me will know, I do not have a beautiful singing voice, but I am encouraged to sing and improve my vocal power and core strength, by my physiotherapist. So there, an excuse. Hehe.

My final inclusion this week, is the note i made earlier today. Usually, i would proceed without hesitation (depending on weather), if i was on the way to the shopping centre, during the week. I realise that I am lucky, everyone else is at work and so are restricted from the shops. So, believe it or not, I have wanted to experience the shopping centre on a saturday, for quite a while, just for the experience. I went in today. WOAH!! Unbelievable. The sheer numbers of people out there just consuming, disappointed me. To top it off, the new cd i just bought by ********, is seriously over-produced, multi coloured, rubbish(in my opinion), disappointing.    


No comments:

Post a Comment