Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 19 November 2011

Are you experienced ?


Apart from the song title, i have no real reason to post a clip of mr Hendrix. The song title refers to the daze i was in, on returning home from work on thursday. Apart from a warning text from my mother in the afternoon, I thought I had no real reason to avoid kingston on thursday evening. As the bus entered the town, crossing the bridge, it became evident that as a shopping town, it embraced the christmas season, and thursday was perhaps the biggest day of its commercial year, as christmas lights were switched on, shops were open late, and thousands were flocking to the commercial fantasy. In previous years, I had rejected the party of 'the opening of christmas shopping', but this year I was, fairly unexpectedly, planted in the middle of it. I would have hated it on foot, the sheer numbers of people were amazing, and a wheelchair has the enormous power of parting crowds. I soon realised that never before had i encountered these numbers of people in my hometown. Everyone seemed to be in a festive, party atmosphere (over a month prior to christmas). Previously, I would rise above this greed of commercial Christmas, but as i knew that i was doing just the same as everyone else, and in a wheelchair within crowds, i had to smile. It helped me in knowing that I was part of something experienced by so so many. A vast quantity of everything. An invasion of colour, lights, and a cacophony of sound. 
The busiest Kingston has now been experienced. Are you experienced?

Shock Horror!! I've just discovered that YouTube are spelling 'Jimi Hendrix' incorrectly on the above video, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment