Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Monday 26 September 2011

...Other stuff...

....I have only just realised that I do infact have a phone with notes on, made in this past week, which have taken second place to the topic of Mark Cavendish and the World Championships (below). Although I am gulping at a cold coffee as i type this, I can now honestly state that i am not addicted to caffeine. On saturday, I enjoyed my own company, reading a book (David Millar autobiography, a hero) whilst at the cafe. I knew that I was about embark on a 24-hour - coffee free mission. I wanted to prove to not only myself, but others that I am not addicted. I feared the duration just in case that it turned out telling me I was an addict. As it happened, I almost went 25 hours caffeine free. I felt perfectly well and fine, proud of the fact that I felt no need for a coffee. I am not addicted (as I often argue). Perhaps a further test could be  48 hours, but i am not trying to give it up so no. I maintain that my lack of 'addiction' is due to the time of the day that I drink it. I am not used to drinking a coffee in mornings, so, I do not need a coffee in the mornings. I am used to drinking it when desired, maybe afternoons or evenings.

The only other note made this week was, to tell all of my millions of fans (you), to smile when you're walking down the street. Today, I got told that I'm 'always smiling', by a neighbour. Whilst I apologise for sounding very 'up myself', I want to tell everyone how important it is. A smile can last on forever through different people at different times. Although i am physically disabled, there is plenty for me to feel lucky about, knowing that the human mind is a wonderful thing, and therefore everyone should feel lucky. If you feel positive  about something, please pass your positive mood on. Smile, it's too good to forget. When you walk down the high street, make sure you're smiling.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment