Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 7 July 2011

The second note...

Okay, okay, I ran out of time typing the post last night. My second note of the week went as such :
"Desire. All humans want more. It took me a fairly depressing, hard patch to find that i now mustn't think "human" for many things. No worries though, now, because I know that I cannot have it. All humans strive and reach for perfection. No one gets there and are happy." Hmmm, what is happiness ?......

Deep.

(apart from a cigar called something, 'Romeo + Juliet'?no, 'Merchant of Venice'?no, 'King Lear'?no) - i refuse to advertise tobacco. But in doing this, I have, doh.

Anyway, I hope that you catch my drift. Basically, I was moving along the riverside (something that i would not have been able to do when constrained in my rehab home, a year ago - we were miles away from the river). I was moving along, surrounded by sun and lots of beautiful eye candy, as I stopped and made my note. As you may have guessed, I never was much of a 'player' (I could fortunately live in the comfort of knowing that I had a beautiful girlfriend), but everyone has ambition. Ambition drives people forward, striving for what they can reach. Romance is just used here as an example, but most elements of life, will apply (romance, work, sport, creativity, etc). I continue, it has taken me a while, but i have to now accept that i am already turning 27, I am not a cycling world champion, married to a Brazilian supermodel, who designs stuff on the side, because perfection does not exist. The closest everyone marks perfection at is all relative to everyone as different human beings. No-one reaches their perfection, if so they would die of boredom.

Right, very deep, sorry. Happiness is perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment