Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 20 July 2011

Mobile phones are useful notepads

I must state, that my notes are thoughts from whenever wherever (Shakira, what year was that?), and so the only way I have of recording such things, is using my mobile phone (always around) to take notes. I admit that (sometimes)I realise that my memory is not what it was. But I can't remember.

Too much rambling. Sorry. First note this week is sharing the joy and trying to encourage people, not to listen to shuffled playlists. I have only now discovered, listening to my ipod (I am fairly new), music as 'Shuffled Albums'. Whilst this gives you a surprise as to what you listen to next, it only does so once you have journeyed through the album completely, as the artist designed it to be listened. I realise my stance may seem 'old-fashioned', but i was always used to listening to an album through from first to last track, experiencing emotions of listening through the journey of an album, having to remove the CD at the end. I'll stop, before I bore many of you to tears. 'Shuffled Albums' is the way to go.

Second note was made half-way around my local Supermarket. I state the facts; I am living independently, I am disabled at the moment (wheelchair bound since bicycle road accident 5 years ago), and I receive benefits from the state. Now, I am currently living off these state benefits. When I shop I like to think that I shop ethically. For example, I shop after a cleaning spray. There are many many choices. My eyes are immediately caught by a cheap, day-glow packaged product, giving me a headache just looking at it, but it is cheap. I look further and there is an ecological, ethical option, but it is more expensive. My background in both ecological sustainability, design, and mathematics are all shouting different messages to me. Sorry, but mathematics loses here. I have no qualms about spending my 'state benefit' money on a more expensive but ecological product. I always do this because some products actually offend me, so much so that the company will never ever gain from my finance (or, indirectly, the state's). Despite my brain injury, my work and education have taught me important lessons which have remained ingrained in me, allowing for certain 'ethical' beliefs which i still hold strong today.

No comments:

Post a Comment