Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Tuesday 21 June 2011

one post, two topics, much typing, sleep needed, coffee had

Hehehe. Unusually i am not typing this post accompanied by my 'evening coffee', I have already made myself and drunk a tasty cappucino.

Not that anyone cares about my love of caffeine, sorry. Two topics are presented through this post, both are from notes i have made on my mobile phone.

I get annoyed, no upset, distressed, sympathetic. Oh I don't know how I feel when traveling around town (maybe Surbiton, Kingston, wherever), and i pass another wheelchair user. It is often depressing, seeing very glum, sad faces from other users. But, is it wrong that I may find this uplifting, as I know we (wheelchair users) are similar in our dependancy, but very different. People may look sad, but then everyone must in order to be happy. One feeling cannot exist without the other.  I regularly am forced to recognise that everyone is different, and everyone has their own level of problems. It may sound strange, but I think that in the fifth year since my accident, I think I have only just learnt to accept facts. Everyone has problems, it is how we react to the problems and can use problems to our best ability, that we accept our level of happiness.

I think.

hmmmmm.

Anyway, second point. I basically want to show my support/belief in 'Shuffle anxiety'. Jarvis Cocker (superb dj and Pulp frontman) is often credited, with coining the term.

When you put your iPod on shuffle at party or social gathering and you project yourself forward thinking "What's it going to play next?"  


Guy 1: "Dude this is awesome. Those songs transitioned into each other perfectly. I wonder what it's gonna play next"
Guy 2: "Oh no, what is it gonna play next?! Will it be as good?!?"
Guy 1: "Dude you're getting Shuffle Anxiety"

Personally, I think that this is a very very good observation of the situation people find themselves in when listening to music in a shuffled mode. I won't bore everyone with yet another belief on the activity of listening to music, but i want to warn people that listening in a shuffled mode has its problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment