Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 28 April 2011

Wonders of the sun

I type very well not, because morning it is in, and coffee, one I have not had yet.
Very well, i've just made an espresso, so, all is well.

I am actually in a rush as i type this post (not because of the coffee, i am off to Kingston this afternoon). Topical, as key topics of today's lesson are the 'sun' and 'town life'. I hope it remains sunny this afternoon.
Anyway, I want to share my joy in my feeling of freedom when I go about town. I have not lived independently during this time of year, since my accident (hmmm or before hmmmm  mmmm),  and i'm enjoying it. I must admit, that as I am not 'attached' or feel 'hooked up', i have learnt that Sun = Skin = Distractions. Whilst the sun is good, it can bring problems. As a male, it is fair to say that these fashion/clothing distractions are unavoidable.
Anyway, rush. Basically, I feel a lot more comfortable now, existing in a wheelchair, about town. Being about town, lets you experience a world of all sorts. Everyone s different, nobody is 'perfect'. I have also made a note to remind me that the town centre is not a nice place, it is a very useful place though. Read into this whatever you will. I'm basically talking about  the shopping 'centre' of town.

Right, finito. adios xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment