Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Tuesday 22 March 2011

the wonders of coffee......

I type this as I drink my fourth coffee of the day (10pm). This is a lot for me, but I realise that everyone is different. It is the first out of four that I have made at home, by myself. As I am often (thankfully) by myself, compared to living previously in hospitals, and rehabilitation homes, I am free to do what I want, where and when. My choices of how to spend free time are often led by a requirement of coffee. My love of the brew may remind me of a certain Dylan song in which he requests 'one more.......'. Anyway then I am sorted, coffee and my love of good music are regularly saviours of my sanity.

I mention no names, but sourcing my coffee is never really a problem of finding where, but a joy of choosing  which cafe. Admittedly, I started off by using chains because I got to know staff from branch to branch, knowing what I was going to order on just entering the place. I absolutely love discovering new, independent cafes realising the sheer quality they offer with a smile, but unfortunately there is a big multi-national but American brand that predominantly is destroying the market by serving hot milk branded as coffee.

Nothing new there then. I just want to offer a big big big shout out of support for all of our independent coffee bars, serving real coffee, with a smile, providing somewhere to drink it (not coffee "to go"). Make sure that you continue your support of these small independent businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment