Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 2 March 2011

to listen to music........

Many of you may already know my stance, share or partly share my stance on the activity of 'listening to music', or disagree which is fair enough as most probably do. I have felt for many years that to truly enjoy listening to music, it has to suit the correct mood that you aim to be in (or that you are in, without choice). Therefore, nothing beats playing a favourite album. Whichever one you choose, an album provides a journey (chosen by the artist). You begin this journey of roughly 45 minutes, 1 hour, or however long, at track 1.  The artist spends great care in choosing the order of tracks, designed to travel you through various moods, at different times within it's duration. This style could be compared to a DJ of whatever music, taking their audience along a journey of emotion in their set.

This provides my argument against shuffled music with good backing. I do however, listen to a lot of my music in an endless, shuffled mode. I always feel rubbish doing this, as my emotive journey only lasts for the length of any one track, and then it is shuffled, changed to that of another. I feel guilty doing this as if I am letting not only myself down in not experiencing the emotion of the album, and also letting down the artist in not fully experiencing the track how it was designed to be.

OK, that is my argument against mp3s. I do however realise that it is the way music is going, hold my hands up and admit to all of the points that I argue against. Previously, I had been buying the CD of any album that i wanted. I realise that my stance was far from eco-friendly or sustainable, and, combined with the fact of buying the current Radiohead album, The King Of Limbs, as it is only available, currently, on mp3, I have willingly 'joined the club' of mp3 usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment