Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 18 March 2011

errrrrrrrrrrmmm......hmmm

Sorry avid followers. I know that you, the millions of my audience, will have to cope with this post, with difficulty, as I am not supplied with caffiene. I haven't had one all day, but am slowly feeling the need for one. But no, I am not addicted, so i don't need one, and will continue (i apologise if this post becomes incomprehensible). Is that the right word? Oh, you get what I mean..............

Right... I've now got Paul Weller singing about a town called Malice, entering my ear drums. End of song, oh no, now 'Outtathaway' by the Vines. I have to skip. Focus, I have just experienced the problems of listening to a shuffled playlist, hence my problems with shuffled music, mentioned in a previous post. The main topic of this post is of yesterday's trip up to London. I manage this independently now, but meet an 'Outreach' (kind of OT) worker when there. Once there, i negotiated myself across the river (using a bridge!), onto Covent Garden, through Charing Cross, the Strand, (the hanging gardens of babylon), and Long Acre. It was fine, as I know this route quite well. Weather was nice, lunch had been eaten in a bar on the south of the river, life was good. Covent  Garden was busy (as expected), fortunately however, I have fine tuned skills driving my wheelchair (when I want to). I had begun to notice the power in my wheelchair battery was decreasing. I had enough to get back, if i maintain driving at a low speed. Hmmm. Grrrrr. My chair was fully charged at the beginning. I began to get irritated by this, I WAS having a good time and thinking i wouldn't stop at Covent Garden. Combine this anger with the constant view of everyone (busy London) existing around half a metre above you. Beautiful women could be looked at, but you absolutely must not engage eye contact, otherwise you are 'the simple nutter in the wheelchair'. Sales-staff have to re-position the whole shop in order to serve you, but do make me welcome (thank you Reiss, Long Acre). On my route back to Waterloo, I realise that I've had a good day but there are issues. When walking, I will be at normal, people height level, and will not be relying on a battery, just sheer effort (which I hope will allow me to get further). I know that I have to stay positive, and sorry to those who enjoy doubting me (whoever you are, somewhere), I will be walking with an aid at some point. I am only 26.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it has something to do with your battery or it may have some leaks around it. Try replacing it with a new one.

    ReplyDelete